Tuesday, December 23, 2008

decos



My chili llights! This pic doesn't really do them justice; they are much redder looking than this. I had purchased a string in Minnesota a few years ago (about a third of the lights you see here) and liked them so much I tried to find a few more strings in Las Cruces when we arrived but no luck. Calandria had found two strings in Minnesota last winter and bought them for me. Now the chili lights hang the full length of our porch during the holidays.



















I really like these ormanents that Ave made and sent to us. Bogey and his winter coat is now immortalized and I thought she did an exceptional job on the sheep.










Calandria gave me this handpainted tin Nativity from Mexico. I had never seen one like it and the colors are so shiny and festive.







5 comments:

  1. I like the Bogey dog. I had'nt seen that one.
    The Nativity looks brite. 'm not sure about the chili lights. I think they are those kind of things that fit in your area but if you have them somewhere else they would look strange. Its a cute idea. You can leave them up for months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the chili lights would look so unright in New England but they seem to fit here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's probably why the lights were sold out in New Mexico but there were stacks and stacks here. They're not really a Minnesota thing either, except maybe at a Mexico restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm totally getting some of those chili lights to hang around my bedroom! Those are amazing!!!! I was just telling Jin the other day that I wanted to get one of those chili pepper cluster deals to hang in the kitchen.

    I'm so jealous. If I come out to see you this year, I want to take a string of those into the trailer.

    ReplyDelete